Rockstar Keeps Grand Theft Auto VI’s Netflix Premiere on Schedule Despite Unresolved Leak Questions
Rockstar is reportedly keeping the August 27 Netflix presentation on schedule while lawyers pursue leads tied to the latest leak and staff cope with its fallout.

Sources say Rockstar Games still has not identified who was behind this week’s widespread Grand Theft Auto VI leaks or worked out how they happened. The original claim is available in the Reddit thread and Jason Schreier’s Bluesky post. Rockstar also has no plans to move the August 27 Netflix premiere, keeping the game’s next major presentation on schedule.
August 27’s extended look remains scheduled
Grand Theft Auto VI: An Extended Look will premiere for Netflix subscribers on Thursday, August 27, 2026, at 3 p.m. ET. The presentation is scheduled to reach the official Rockstar Games YouTube channel and the Grand Theft Auto VI website at 9 p.m. ET.
Rockstar’s August 27 schedule leaves a six-hour gap between the Netflix premiere and the later online release. Neither Rockstar nor Netflix has announced how long the extended look will run.
Microsoft and Discord are part of the investigation
Bloomberg’s report says Rockstar’s lawyers are seeking potential account details from Microsoft and Discord through subpoenas as employees deal with the latest breach. The leak wave reportedly followed a cyberattack at Rockstar about a week earlier, and management is treating the response as a full-company effort. Security measures were tightened after an earlier incident, but the new leak reportedly landed close enough to launch to leave staff frustrated, exhausted, and angry.
An internal message reportedly reassured Rockstar staff that Cyberleek’s actions had not devalued their work. Cyberleek has been described as a person or group that connected the leaked GTA VI material to a transparent crypto scheme and digital consumer-rights demands, adding a bizarre side plot to an already messy pre-release period.
Grand Theft Auto VI’s launch date and earlier breaches
Grand Theft Auto VI remains scheduled to launch on November 19, 2026. For now, Rockstar’s response to the latest leak is to keep the planned marketing beats in place rather than change the Netflix event.
The latest incident follows a third-party breach earlier in 2026. Rockstar said that breach affected only a limited amount of non-material company information and had no impact on the organization or its players.
The much larger 2022 GTA VI breach exposed lengthy videos from an in-production build. Arion Kurtaj, a member of the hacking group Lapsus$, was sentenced to an indefinite hospital stay in 2023. Rockstar later said dealing with that leak cost $5 million and thousands of staff hours.
What do you make of Rockstar keeping the presentation on schedule while those questions remain unanswered? Share your thoughts in the comments, and follow us on X, Bluesky, YouTube, Instagram, Steam, and Telegram.
Grand Theft Auto VI
Developed by Rockstar Games





