News

The GTA 6 Leak Trail Now Includes Microsoft and Discord

The requests cover Discord accounts tied to named servers from June 1, 2026, through the filing date, plus IP, geolocation, device, and GTA-related data; Microsoft and Discord must respond by September 4, 2026.

The GTA 6 leak trail now includes Microsoft and Discord. Take-Two Interactive has subpoenaed both companies for records connected to the spread of leaked Grand Theft Auto VI material and is seeking information that could identify the person or people behind the Cyberleek leaks. The move came as Cyberleek posted another gameplay clip on August 21, marking the group’s sixth reported gameplay reveal. The alleged leaker has also claimed to have access to an early build of the game.

The filings were covered by Kotaku and shared through a Reddit discussion. Take-Two filed multiple subpoenas in the Southern District of New York, including one dated August 20, 2026. Its Digital Millennium Copyright Act request says the company is seeking the identity of an alleged infringer to protect its rights over copyrighted audiovisual material, artwork, images, dialogue, and other creative elements. A sworn declaration submitted with the filings describes the purpose of the subpoena as identifying an alleged infringer or infringers, and the filing says Take-Two will use the information only to protect those rights.

Records sought from Discord and Microsoft

A copy of Attachment A sets out the Discord portion of the request. Take-Two is seeking records for accounts that were members of or communicated through the named servers between June 1, 2026, and the date of the filing. The requested material includes account IDs, registration email addresses, registration and last-login IP addresses, phone numbers, linked connections such as Google and Xbox, geolocation data, associated device identifiers including MachineGuid/MSA and related telemetry records, and content connected to Grand Theft Auto, Rockstar, or Cyberleek.

Attachment A names three Discord guilds: Odyssey.gg, which the filing describes as a cheat community associated with the operator; the public ! Odyssey guild at discord.gg/odyssey; and a server identified in the filing as the DarkViperAU editors’ server at discord.gg/darkviperau. The broader investigation also covers the CYBERLEEK server and a server associated with DarkViperAU, a popular GTA 5 YouTuber.

The account names identified in the document include CYBERLEEK, CINEMATICKROCKSTAR, and Surfer24k™. It also references the replacement handles cyberleek_west and surwest.

Take-Two is asking Microsoft for internal business and investigative records connected to its investigation of the cyberleek persona, along with information that could identify the users, people, or entities associated with it. The Microsoft request also reaches associated Xbox account information and OneDrive content connected to Grand Theft Auto, Rockstar, or Cyberleek.

The device portion seeks related telemetry when specified tools or file artifacts are found on a device, including identifiers such as MachineGuid and MSA. Across the requests, Take-Two is also pursuing account and online-activity records that could connect the named users to the leak operation.

The subpoenas give Microsoft and Discord until September 4, 2026, to provide the requested records. The filings do not reveal whether either company has handed over data, and they do not identify a specific person behind Cyberleek. The legal process remains active.

What Cyberleek’s videos showed

Videos attributed to Cyberleek have shown previously unseen gameplay from Grand Theft Auto VI, including driving sequences, flying planes, chaos involving non-player characters, combat, and footage of someone firing the word “LEEK” into a wall. The August 21 video was roughly two minutes long and showed a supercar driving through Vice City. Other leaked material reportedly included gameplay of shooting basketball hoops, a cutscene, and the game’s tracklist, taking the campaign beyond isolated gameplay clips.

The clips have circulated widely online, while copies of the videos and related screenshots have been removed from various platforms. The market reaction was severe: reported estimates put Take-Two’s lost market value at roughly $2 billion to $2.8 billion after the leaks. The company’s total market value was still around $45 billion, and its share price had begun recovering, reportedly returning to roughly where it stood before the incident.

The Cyberleek activity went beyond posting gameplay clips. The account demanded that Rockstar Games respond to claims about gamers’ rights and said the leaks were intended to make a point about consumer rights and digital pre-orders while promoting a cryptocurrency. Crypto links and QR codes have appeared in the leaked videos and public channels, apparently giving the operation a direct way to promote a memecoin and make money from the attention.

Neither Rockstar Games nor Take-Two Interactive has publicly discussed the Cyberleek situation, leaving the subpoenas as the clearest public sign of how the companies are pursuing the matter.

DarkViperAU disputes the Discord reference

Australian creator Matthew “Matt” Judge, better known as DarkViperAU, said the server named in the subpoena is not his editors’ Discord. Judge said neither of his Discord servers has shared clips from the alleged leaks and that he knows nothing about them.

DarkViperAU addressed the subpoena in a post on X.

Judge said the alleged leaker may have visited one of his Discord servers, although he could not confirm it. He described the situation as confusing and said Rockstar Games has not contacted him by email. Judge also suggested that Rockstar would have reached out if it believed he had information about the leaks.

Judge connected the subpoena mention to an earlier exchange with the alleged leaker. After he criticized the leaker’s driving, the phrase Cyberleek can't drive later began appearing in recent leak material, he said.

The subpoena reference points to a server connected to the investigation, not proof that DarkViperAU possessed or shared the leaked content. Take-Two’s requests for information remain focused on identifying the alleged leaker and the accounts that may have interacted with them.

Cyberleek’s public claims and Take-Two’s legal response

Earlier GTA 6 leaks have already led to legal consequences. A previous leak case also resulted in punishment, adding recent legal context to Take-Two’s decision to pursue the matter through formal channels; BBC News documented that case.

A subpoena is a request for records, not proof that every named account or server participated in leaking information. The filings do not establish who controls CYBERLEEK, and they do not say whether Microsoft or Discord have produced the requested material.

The legal response comes as Take-Two continues to target a November 19, 2026 release date for Grand Theft Auto VI. Rockstar Games’ next extended look at the game is scheduled for August 27, with the presentation planned for Netflix at 3 p.m. ET before its 9 p.m. ET release through the official Rockstar Games YouTube channel and Grand Theft Auto VI website, as outlined in the August 27 viewing schedule.

Take-Two’s subpoenas add a legal response to the publisher’s efforts to contain leaked GTA 6 material before launch. Share your thoughts in the comments, and follow along on X, Bluesky, YouTube, Instagram, Steam, and Telegram.

Grand Theft Auto VI

Grand Theft Auto VI heads to the state of Leonida, home to the neon-soaked streets of Vice City and beyond in the biggest, most immersive evolution of the Grand Theft Auto series yet.

  • Genre Shooter, Racing, Adventure
  • Platforms Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 5
  • Perspective First person, Third person
  • Modes Single player, Multiplayer, Co-operative
  • Release November 19, 2026
  • Publisher Rockstar Games, Take-Two Interactive
  • Age Rating ESRB RP

Angel Kicevski

I've spent half of my life playing video games, ever since the competitive 1.6 era, where I played professionally. Now I am happily married to Margarita Kicevski and have two beautiful children. My goal is to deliver fresh news and updates from the gaming world, but also deliver some juicy guides. Previously, I worked on another website for 8 years and decided to continue my journey here! So basically, I am in this industry for 10+ years... which has been quite a lot, let me tell you!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button